GEN-MEDIEVAL-L ArchivesArchiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1025983211
From: malinda <>
Subject: Re: Maldred's children
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 14:20:11 -0500
From the Learned Cousin....
I would like very much to see the data showing all the children assigned to
Maldred fitz Crinan, Lord of Carlisle & Allerdale,
d. 1045 and AElgitha of Northumberland, heiress of Raby b. 1010-15, dau. of
Uchtred Earl of Northumberland, jure uxoris,
murdered 1017, and AElgifu of England. Their sons:
1. Gospatric I, Earl of Northumberland, 1st Earl of Dunbar, d. abt. 1045.
2. Maldred fitz Maldred, Lord of Carlisle, King of the Cumbrians, occ.
1084; had two sons:
1. Robert fitz Maldred occ. 1138.
2. Uchtred fitz Maldred, Lord of Raby, b.1075-80; died 6
Nov.1128-9, whose son:
1. Dolphin fitz Uchtred, Lord of Raby, d.abt.
m. Adelaide or Alice, niece & heir of Walcher
Bishop of Durham, Earl of Northumberland.
1. Maldred fitz Dolphin, Lord of
and Staindrope, d. 1183 m. N.N. de Stuteville, dau of
John de Stuteville of Long Lawford, co Warwick.
1. Robert fitz
Maldred, Lord of Raby and Staindrope, co. Durham, d. 1242-8
Neville, dau. of Geoffrey de Neville and Emma de Bulmer
THE HOUSE OF GOSPATRIC
A History of Northumberland, Vol VII