GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1025983211

From: malinda <>
Subject: Re: Maldred's children
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 14:20:11 -0500

From the Learned Cousin....

I would like very much to see the data showing all the children assigned to
Maldred fitz Crinan, Lord of Carlisle & Allerdale,
d. 1045 and AElgitha of Northumberland, heiress of Raby b. 1010-15, dau. of
Uchtred Earl of Northumberland, jure uxoris,
murdered 1017, and AElgifu of England. Their sons:

1. Gospatric I, Earl of Northumberland, 1st Earl of Dunbar, d. abt. 1045.

2. Maldred fitz Maldred, Lord of Carlisle, King of the Cumbrians, occ.
1084; had two sons:

1. Robert fitz Maldred occ. 1138.

2. Uchtred fitz Maldred, Lord of Raby, b.1075-80; died 6
Nov.1128-9, whose son:

1. Dolphin fitz Uchtred, Lord of Raby, d.abt.
1136
m. Adelaide or Alice, niece & heir of Walcher

Bishop of Durham, Earl of Northumberland.
1. Maldred fitz Dolphin, Lord of
Raby
and Staindrope, d. 1183 m. N.N. de Stuteville, dau of

John de Stuteville of Long Lawford, co Warwick.
1. Robert fitz
Maldred, Lord of Raby and Staindrope, co. Durham, d. 1242-8
m.
Isabel
Neville, dau. of Geoffrey de Neville and Emma de Bulmer

THE HOUSE OF GOSPATRIC
A History of Northumberland, Vol VII

This thread: