GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1026040239

Subject: Re: Royal Descent of Thomas Keys, husband of Lady Mary Grey
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 07:10:39 EDT

The "Keys" family are still around, and can be found in Burke's Peerage under
Keys (I was at school with one of them), but unfortunatly there is nothing on
Thomas's first wife, just "m 1st _____ (d by 1565) and had three children; m
2nd 1565 secretly Lady Mary Grey ..."

Burke's states that Thomas' father was Richard but by his 1st wife Agnes sis
to Sir William Saunders, not by his m2 Myldrede d of Sir John Scott of
Scott's Hall.

There is more information in Burke's (I am looking at 106 Ed, 1999), if you
do not have access to a copy, let me know.

Adrian

This thread: