GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1026048198

From: "Chris Phillips" <>
Subject: Re: Durham Liber Vitae [was: Thanks]
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 14:23:18 +0100

Rosie Bevan wrote:
> This was published as a Surtees Society Publication.
>
> LIBER VITAE ECCLESIAE DUNELMENSIS, Surtees Society, Vol. 13, 1841; a long
> list of names of 11th century Durham benefactors.

According to my notes, there's also a facsimile, edited by A.H. Thompson and
published in 1923, which was intended to be accompanied by a transcript and
index, which unfortunately never appeared (as far as I know). I believe the
accuracy of the 1841 transcript was criticised in the 1923 edition.

Chris Phillips

This thread: