GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1026116209

From: "Chris Phillips" <>
Subject: Re: Durham Liber Vitae [was: Thanks]
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 09:16:49 +0100

Phil Moody wrote:

> PLM: Thank you for the additional source, Chris. After I searched my local
> libraries online catalogue with no luck, I went to the Surtees Society
> website, and their current publisher Boydell & Brewer, and I still could
not
> find that particular volume (13).
> I am now curious to know if Mr. Thompson's work on the "Durham Liber
> Vitae" was merely confined to a critique in volume 150 of the Surtees
> Society, or if it was indeed a separate and distinct text?

Both the volumes show up on the online British Library catalogue, at
http://blpc.bl.uk/, as follows:

Title: Liber Vitae Ecclesiae Dunelmensis; nec non obituaria duo ejusdem
ecclesiae. [Edited by J. Stevenson.]
Main heading: DURHAM. Cathedral
Additional headings: STEVENSON. Joseph
Series: [Publications of the Surtees Society. vol. 13.]
Publication details: Durham, 1841. 8o.
Shelfmark: Ac.8045/13.

Title: Liber Vitae Ecclesiae Dunelmensis. A collotype facsimile of the
original manuscript. With introductory essays and notes [by A. H. Thompson.
Sixty-nine plates.]
Main heading: DURHAM. Cathedral
Additional headings: DURHAM. Surtees Society
Additional headings: THOMPSON. Alexander Hamilton. C.B.E.
Series: [Publications of the Surtees Society. vol. 136, etc.]
Publication details: pp. xxviii. Durham, 1923, etc. 8o.
Shelfmark: Ac.8045/97.

Chris Phillips

This thread: