GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1026210688

From: "Chris Phillips" <>
Subject: Re: Henry de Huntingdon
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:31:28 +0100

Le Bateman wrote:
> Henry de Huntingdon, who married Ada de Warrene what were his parents
> names. Was he related to David 9th Earl of Huntingdon. How does this
family
> tie into Wælþeof II Earl of Huntingdon. Great-grandson to Uhtred The Bold.

Henry, Earl of Huntingdon (d. 1152), the husband of Ada, daughter of William
de Warenne, Earl of Surrey, was a younger son of King David I of Scotland
(d. 1153). Henry's mother was Maud, widow of Simon de St Liz (d. c.1111) and
daughter of Waltheof, Earl of Northumberland and Huntingdon (d. 1076).
[Complete Peerage vol.6, pp.638-642]

Chris Phillips

This thread: