GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1026227822

From: "B.M. Kamp" <>
Subject: Re: WERDENBERG -SARGANS
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 17:17:02 +0200

Peter de Loriol wrote:
Subject: WERDENBERG -SARGANS

> can anyone confirm or negate the purported descendance of this house from
> Hugues comte de montfort of the House of Montfort l'Amaury? i am also
> particularly interested in the marriage of Elizabeth von Werdenberg-Sargans ,
> viv 1405 to ulrich Eberhard von Hohensax. I have , it seems, lost my notes on
> this Sax/Hohensax family - I believe it was originally called de Turris - I
> am particularly interested in the descendance of this couple to the
> Watteville/Vom Stein/von Bonstetten/von Hallwyl/von Bubenberg families of
> Switzerland.

The counts of Werdenberg and of Montfort (Bregenz) are branches of
the house of the counts of Tübingen. See Europäische Stammtafeln vol
XII tables 47-55. There is no connection with the french house Montfort
l'Amaury. There was a third house of Montfo(o)rt in the Netherlands

According to the same source Elisabeth von Werdenberg was daughter
of Count Johann I of Werdenberg in Sargans + Oct 1400 x Anna von
Razüns and granddaughter of Rudolf IV x Ursula von Vaz and of Donat
Edle von Razüns x Margarita (di Matteo) di Orello.

Regards,

Bert M. Kamp

This thread: