GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1026523719

From: "Leo van de Pas" <>
Subject: Re: Walter STEWART possible cousin to King Charles Stuart, II
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:28:39 +1000

Dear Deborah,
Which Walter are you referring to? Do you know a year of birth or anything
else about him? In principal, there are no English Stewarts or Stuarts, they
are all of Scottish origin. And the Scottish Royal Stewarts or Stuarts are
of Breton origin. If you think there could be a link, try to get hold of the
later editions of Burke's Peerage, especially the 1999 edition. Look up the
Earls of Moray, as this gives a much larger record of the Stewart family.
Burke's may not be perfect, especially before 1600, but it can give you
links which may have to be confirmed elsewhere.
Best wishes,
Leo van de Pas
Canberra, Australia