GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1026625868

From: "Leo van de Pas" <>
Subject: Ogilvy of Deskford
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:51:08 +1000

Gerald Paget, in his book on the ancestors of Prince Charles, displays as Q 98380 Margaret Ogilvy, daughter of Sir James Ogilvy, of Deskford, and Margaret Innes, Margaret Ogilvy, on 14 September 1484, marries John Grant, of Freuchie

In Wood's Douglas Peerage of Scotland, 1815, on page 580, we find the same Sir James Ogilvy, of Deskford, and Margaret Innes as parents of Margaret Ogilvy, but this Margaret Ogilvy married James Abernethy of Birkenbog. However, a younger daughter, Elizabeth, marries John Grant of Freuchie. Sadly, no dates here.

What I wonder, is Gerald Paget wrong? And should his Margaret be Elizabeth? Does anyone know the answer?
Many thanks.
Leo van de Pas
Canberra, Australia

This thread: