GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1026703818

From: "gymhunk" <>
Subject: Re: Did a Gordon mother and her Ogilvy daughter marry the same man?
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:34:07 -0700

Scots Peerage, Vol. IV, p. 536 states that John Gordon, son of George, 4th
Earl of Huntly and his wife Elizabeth Keith DID marry "shortly after July
1554, Elizabeth, natural daughter of Adam Gordon, Dean of Caithness, son of
Alexander, 1st Earl of Huntly and widow of Alexander Ogilvy of Desford (who
had conveyed all his estates to him.)"

That is confirmed on p. 525 of the same volume.

Article under Ogilvy, Earl of Findlater agrees with this (same volume, p.
18-20.).