GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027251809

From: Cristopher Nash <c@windsong.u-net.com>
Subject: Re: de Thouars and de Faye (Bramley, Surrey) in 'DD' - ?
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:53:15 +0100

John thanks grandly for this. I feel your presentat. of the
Raoul/Ralph relationship is cool -- pitched just right -- and I love
the Ventadour connection, which I'd never seen. (Always been a
distant fan of Ebles II.)

(I must admit that note 19 [Paul Theroff, "De Geneva Family,
Counts of Toulouse," Paul Theroff's Dynastic Genealogy Tables,
http://worldroots.clicktron.com/brigitte/theroff/foix.txt] didn't
actually yield the Faye/Ventadour info I'd anticipated - maybe
Paul T's changed his text since you were there.)

As to that moussaka - it's the raki that's got me singing like Ebles.

BTW - I think your proposal on the mysterious Hawise -- <The Kindred
of Hugh le Despenser (revisited)> -- is intriguing....

Cheers ever,

Cris

--

--