GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027298571

From: "Guenter Boehm" <>
Subject: Re: Soldbuch battle of Tannenberg 1410
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 20:46:35 -0400

> Guenter Boehm wrote:
>
> > > I once thought the participants of this last medieval
> > > battle and one of the largest ones might be a good candidate
> > > for a European lineage association (ie. of descendants).
>
> > Hello my good friend Rafal,
> > how and when could we start?
>
> It is a matter of compiling a list of participants. If you get
> access to the published Soldbuch, it might well be the first
> step. The most interesting would obviously be the guests
> of the Order - if they are included in the Soldbuch.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rafal

Guest of the Order did probably not get paid. Perhaps they
received food, housing, and hay, and a lot of promises. You
might be right if they are not on the payroll they will not be
listed in the Soldbuch. Anyway, I will try to find the Soldbuch
and then we go from there.

Best regards,
Guenter
"Böhm'sche Sammlung"