GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027345930

From: "Patricia Junkin" <>
Subject: Re: de Thouars and de Faye (Bramley, Surrey) in 'DD' - ?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:52:10 -0400

Chris,
Have been away and so hope that I may jump in here and ask a question about
the Ventadour. Was this family in Surrey? I descend from the de Fays through
the Wyntershull connection to the Bysshe line. In a 1250 deed of William
Venator [VCH finds another origination of this name but there is similarity]
among the witnesses is John de Bisse of Bysshe Court Horne. In 1356,
Bartholomew de Burghersh died seized of the tenements called La Bysh in
Horne and "Hurle", a capital messuage...held of the heir of Hugh le
Despenser.
Was the Raoul/Ralph presentation on list or in private email? I'll search
the archives.
Thank you.
Pat

----------
>From: Cristopher Nash <c@windsong.u-net.com>
>Subject: Re: de Thouars and de Faye (Bramley, Surrey) in 'DD' - ?
>Date: Sun, Jul 21, 2002, 7:53 AM
>

> John thanks grandly for this. I feel your presentat. of the
> Raoul/Ralph relationship is cool -- pitched just right -- and I love
> the Ventadour connection, which I'd never seen. (Always been a
> distant fan of Ebles II.)
>
> (I must admit that note 19 [Paul Theroff, "De Geneva Family,
> Counts of Toulouse," Paul Theroff's Dynastic Genealogy Tables,
> http://worldroots.clicktron.com/brigitte/theroff/foix.txt] didn't
> actually yield the Faye/Ventadour info I'd anticipated - maybe
> Paul T's changed his text since you were there.)
>
> As to that moussaka - it's the raki that's got me singing like Ebles.
>
> BTW - I think your proposal on the mysterious Hawise -- <The Kindred
> of Hugh le Despenser (revisited)> -- is intriguing....
>
> Cheers ever,
>
> Cris
>

>>Dear Cris,
>>
>> Welcome back! We were wondering where in the Hellas you'd been......I
>>hope you found the moussaka to your liking.
>>
>> As I see it, there is nothing 'new' on the de Faye/Bramley front. Of
>>course, from a Clintonian perspective one person's 'new' is another's 'knew'.
>> But I digress.
>>
>> By a separate email, I will forward the .rtf file I had sent to Adrian
>>earlier. If you spy something 'new' (or questionable), please advise.
>

> --
>
> --

This thread: