GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027350503

From: Cristopher Nash <c@windsong.u-net.com>
Subject: Re: de Thouars and de Faye (Bramley, Surrey) in 'DD' - ?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:14:01 +0100

For any interested in the origins of Maubergeon (incorrectly called
Maubergeonne)/Dangereuse, wife of Aimeri/Amaury I de Chatellerault
and mo. of one Raoul de Faye, I should add in the interest of
thoroughness that -- prior to Duguet -- A. Richard and A. Herault had
regarded her as a poss. da. of Barthelemy, sgnr of l'Ile Bouchard, a
contemporary and ally of Boson II (Aimeri I's fa.).

For any perplexed by the jazzy name 'Dangereuse', Duguet gives a
brisk explanation. (It wasn't rare at the time.)

(Forgive my omitting diacritical marks -- many get blanks when
they're used and I feel generally that however improper, where
proper names are rec'd for what may be the first time, it's
more helpful to see at least the basic vowel involved!)
Cris
--

This thread: