GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027467325

From: "Stewart, Peter" <>
Subject: RE: Dampierre-Richebourg
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:41:54 +1000

A similar reservation occurred to me over this as with Béatrix of Putten &
Strijen: Guy's first wife Marie d'Enghien was burggravine of Ghent and dame
of Zotteghem & Houdain. Do you know what became of these titles? There is no
obvious problem if these passed to offspring of her first marriage, to
Hugues V d'Antoing, seigneur of Epinoy - I've never seen them ascribed to
Alix of any of her children. If Alix had half-siblings, or just one, I
suppose proof of her immediate relationships could be looked for in that
quarter.

Peter Stewart

This thread: