GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027584042

From: "Chris Phillips" <>
Subject: Re: Henry Somer and PCY index
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:08:09 +0100

James Trabue wrote:
> Does anyone know of a will or i.p.m. for Henry Somer, Chancellor of the
Exchequer for Henry IV and V. I would like a list of his children, if any.
I have checked the P.R.O. catalog and PCC index. There is a chance it might
be in the PCY, but I do not know of an index. Is one available on line? Is
it available on fiche at the L.D.S. - I have had no luck in discovering it
in the catalog.

There are published indexes to the Prerogative Court of York to 1688,
according to my notes.

The first volume is:
F. Collins, ed., Index of wills [and administrations] in the York registry
A.D. 1389 to 1514
(Yorkshire Archaeological Society 6; Worksop, 1889)

I believe this covers the prerogative and exchequer courts.

It's not available online as far as I know.

Chris Phillips

This thread: