GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027734745

From: "Kevan L. Barton" <>
Subject: RE: The Henry Project - one year later
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:05:10 -0400

Stewart,

Would not choosing a contemporary European leader as another start also
produce disconnected data? You say it's a disadvantage of option two, but I
suppose it could be argued that it is an even greater disadvantage of option
one. Mind you, if pools of interest is what you are looking for, option two
must be the choice. You'd naturally get more interest in your project, and
more open support. Option one would lend it self to passive participants.
Option two would engender active support.

I suppose that the Clares may be an excellent choice, though I don't have
them in my wood pile (except from the early 14th century back). Why not the
Cliffords? They are even more interesting, at least in my opinion. But
regardless, I admire your efforts.

Cheers,
Kevan

This thread: