GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027742285

From: "Rosie Bevan" <>
Subject: Fw: [CDBOOKS-NEWS] 26 July 2002
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 16:02:16 +1200

> ----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Etchells" <>
To: <>
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2002 2:11 AM
Subject: [CDBOOKS-NEWS] 26 July 2002

Archive CD Books News
12. The Parish of South Mimms - Frederick Cass 1877
A complete history of the parish.
see Hertfordshire history page
[RB - Recommended for anyone with Frowick ancestry]

13. The Parish of Monken Hadley - Frederick Cass 1880
This will appeal to anyone who has roots in this ancient parish.
see Hertfordshire history page

14. The Parish of East Barnet - Frederick Cass 1885-92
A complete history of the parish with pedigrees and biographies of
prominent residents.

Rob Dewsall writes :

I visited The Harleian Society Yesterday (Thursday) to return some books
to them, during my chat with the secretary, Timothy Duke, it was agreed
that Archive CD Books should be allowed to scan some more of their
volumes.
So far we have scanned all of their books published before 1927, that
date was used as a cut-off point to avoid copyright issues, the plan now
is to scan the rest of their books, up to and including 1992.
So, lots more Visitations, London Church Registers, Pedigrees &
Peerages, Mediaeval Heraldry etc. One that will appeal to a great many
people is The Knights of Edward I. A five volume set of very rare books,
much coveted by genealogists and historians all over the world.
All of these will gradually start to appear over the next few weeks and
we will keep you all posted as to availability.

[RB -'Knights of Edward I' is an excellent resource for medieval genealogy.
Entries give the heraldry of the individual, and extracts from contemporary
records. Look forward to seeing this from Archive CD Books]