GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027750782

From: (Stewart Baldwin)
Subject: Re: The Henry Project - one year later
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 06:41:06 GMT

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:09:30 +0100, Tim Powys-Lybbe <>
wrote:

>Personally I think this would be a massive undertaking for the medieval
>perrage and would be trying to replicate the scale of the Complete
>Peerage project. I just can't see it happening very fast. Nor can I
>see an advantage in doing so unless there really is a large body of new
>material waiting to be made public. Hence my conclusion that this would
>not be a desirable extension of the Henry Project.
>
>Whereas the current scope of the Henry Project really is bringing
>material together in a way that has not been done before for that group
>of related people. And I think that the continental sovereigns would be
>of similar benefit.

Since The Complete Peerage covers only the peerage, there are many
notable English families that do not have a CP-quality coverage.
Thus, if the Henry Project does expand to something in the later time
period, I was thinking of something more along the lines of picking a
group of people that had a relatively small overlap with CP (but
hopefully also of enough interest that people might submit pages).

Stewart Baldwin

This thread: