GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027897144

From: "Leo van de Pas" <>
Subject: Re: Anne de Dreux (was Re: John de Bohun m 1325 Alice de Arundel)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:59:04 +1000

Dear John,
This is going to be an interesting search. I looked what I have in my
computer and found her (without parents) and Turton as source.
I double checked Turton and, yes, no parents for Anne de Dreux.

Your guess is the French royal Family,
ES volume III Tafel 63 gives
Robert I, Comte de Dreux, the following children :
by 1st wife Agnes de Garlande
1.Simon (1141)-CA.1144
by 2nd wife Havise d'Evreux
2.Adele 1144/1145-ca.1210
married (1) Valeran de Breteuil (2) Guy II de Chatillon
(3) Jean I de Thourotte (4) Roaul I de Nesle
by 3rd wife Agnes de Baudement
3.Robert II de Dreux
4.Henri
5.Adelaide (Alix) (1156)-after 1217 married Raoul I de Coucy
6.Philippe
7.Isabelle (1160)-1239 married Hugues III de Broyes
8.Pierre
9.Guillaume
10.Jean
11.Mamilie (1166) Prioress in Wariville
12.Marguerite (1167) nun

ES Volume XIII tafel 124 gives an unrelated Dreux family.
This family is obscure (no Anne) and I feel may not be complete.

Rahier I de Dreux (no parents) Seigneur de Muzy, mentioned 1107,1147,
married Berthe de Leves (her family is same volume Tafel 123) and they have
only sons recorded, Milon, Goslein, Rahier II, Geoffroy and Milon (again).
By taking some of the Latin remarks in account, this family seems to be a
bit of guess work.

I know this has not been positive but hope it may eliminate a bit of
searching in the wrong places. I would love to hear if you succeed in
finding the parents of Anne de Dreux.
Best wishes
Leo van de Pas