GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027899355

From: "Stewart, Peter" <>
Subject: RE: Anne de Dreux (was Re: John de Bohun m 1325 Alice de Arundel)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:41:10 +1000

So Agnes de Garlande is supposed to have had two sons named Simon? She was
mother of Simon III, seigneur of Montfort-l'Amaury, count of Evreux &
Rochefort (died 12/13 March 1181). What is the proof that this lady married
Robert I of Dreux?

He was a landless cadet accorded comital rank ad personam after marrying two
countesses - Havise (Amicie) de Saresbury, widowed countess of Le Perche &
Agnes de Baudement, dame of Braine-sur-Vesle in her own right and widowed
countess of Bar-sur-Seine. ES is apparently suggesting that he had
previously & briefly married yet another, the widowed countess of Evreux,
and fathered a son who mysteriously duplicated his half-brother's name, when
Robert can't have been more than 17 or at the most 18 years old. Does anyone
know of definite evidence for this?

Peter Stewart

This thread: