GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027919459

Subject: Re: Anne de Dreux (was Re: John de Bohun m 1325 Alice de Arundel)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 01:15:47 EDT

Sunday, 28 July, 2002

Dear Kay,

I will try to correlate my Enguerrands with yours: I think besides a date
or two (not to mention one wife), in the end things will turn out Fiennes.

Noted Discrepancies :

Per Kay Per John
[Moriarty] [ES]

1. Enguerrand de
Fiennes
= Isabel de Conde d. bef 1264 d. bef 1265

2. Guillaume/William
de Fiennes
= Agnes de
Dammartin d. 1240 d. ca 1240

3. Enguerrand de
Fiennes
= Sibyl/Sybil
de Boulogne d. 1189/90 d. 1218

4. Eustace de
Fiennes d. bef 1151 [no date]

= Margaret = Anne de
de Guines/ Dreux
Guisnes

The crucial difference appears to me to be, who was/were the wife/wives
of Eustace [aka Eustace II] de Fiennes; then, the identification of the
mother of Enguerrand de Fiennes [Gen. 3].

Do you have any detail of the ancestry of Moriarty's Margaret de Guisnes?
Perhaps that will help track down the actual culprit [Anne de Dreux being
somewhat elusive, what with Peter eliminating potential mothers for her, & c.
& c.].

Thanks, and good hunting.

John *

* John P. Ravilious