GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027945946

From: The Williams Family <>
Subject: Re: The Henry Project - one year later
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:35:40 -0700

Hello,

That's a good point. I agree that many of the allegedly "well
documented" ancestries have
been proven to be not so well documented as all that. However, after a
certain point eastern
lines such as the Armenian dynasties and the Byzantine emperors will
actually be better
documented than their barbaric cousins in the west. Either way you are
probably right and it
probably would be better to stick with westerners. Certainly more
people are familiar with
them.

Sincerely,
Kelsey J. Williams

Kay Allen AG wrote:

> Not really. I believe that Stewart has found that not all the
ancestry was as well
> documented as had been thought.
>
> The object of the exercise was to develop techniques witha fairly well
documented focus.

> If you start with controversial ancestry then, by definition, it is
not well-documented. And
> as we have seen so many times, things are sometimes not as
well-documented as they had
> seemed. They were just conventional wisdom.

> The Williams Family wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > But is it not redundant to go over a well established ancestry?
I think something
> > like the Henry Project would be at its best dealing with
controversial lines. The
> > flexibility of the internet allows for a much better treatment of
that sort of thing than
> > a book would. Besides, there remains a core of proven Eastern
ancestry which can be used
> > as a basis for speculation.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Kelsey J. Williams