GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027983457

From: "Stewart, Peter" <>
Subject: RE: Anne de Dreux (was Re: John de Bohun m 1325 Alice de Arundel)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:03:23 +1000

I read off some details from Valeran III's father by mistake - this was
Evrard III of Breteuil, who died crusading in 1148. Valeran himself, first
husband of Adela, died in 1161 quite soon after their wedding.

According to ES III table 659, Adela had a daughter by him named Amicia. As
this name is also connected with Havise de Saresbury, first wife of Robert I
of Dreux who seems to have been living when Adela was born, it looks like a
further indication of that lady's maternity. However, I don't know what the
specific evidence may be.

Peter Stewart

This thread: