GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1027990625

From: "Todd A. Farmerie" <>
Subject: Re: Aetherelred II and Harold II
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:02:39 -0600

pmik wrote:

> I thought that the Harold's wife Ealgyth was the daughter of Ealgarf of
> MURCIA and Aelgifu. And Aelgifu the daughter of Aethelred II and .....

Harold's wife was daughter of AElfgar, Ealdorman of Mercia. I
don't think AElfgar's wife is well attested (Although I have not
looked closely at this question. I know of no evidence for
AElfgar being son-in-law of AEthelred. If for AElgifu, you mean
AElfgifu, AEthelred did have a daughter of this name, but she was
married to Ealdorman Uchtred, not AElfgar.

taf

This thread: