GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1028006604

From: "Sutliff" <>
Subject: RE: The Henry Project - one year later
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:29:12 -0700

Another important consideration pertains to those whose submissions
would help supplement Stewart's pages. The probable lack of
participation at this point is not due to unwillingness, but rather the
limited access to sources necessarily acceptable to document these
relationships.

The direction in which the project is expanded ought to take into
account those areas where greater participation would be most helpful
while still maintaining reliability. Many contributors have access to
CP, AR7, MCS5, DD, Visitations, Sanders, etc. Far fewer of us have
access to IPM's, fines and other more specialized (and necessary)
sources. I would guess that very few have access to "eastern" material.
The more obscure the document or person to be cited, the more likely the
participation will be diminished in direct proportion. It would seem
that much of this depends on accessibility to source materials and the
technical scope of the potential participants.

Hope this makes sense.

Henry Sutliff