GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1028006648

From: "Stewart, Peter" <>
Subject: RE: Anne de Dreux (was Re: John de Bohun m 1325 Alice de Arundel)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:29:58 +1000

Having posted a record number of mistakes in this thread, even by my own
standards of slip-shoddiness, it is better to consult an historian who was
scrupulously careful.

According to William M Newman, Adela (or Alix) of Dreux was daughter of her
father's first wife Havise, whom he calls Havise d'Évreux [in the index to
vol I of _Les seigneurs de Nesle en Picardie (XIIe-XIIIe siècle)_, 2 vols
(Philadelphia, 1971) p 291].

He adds that she is not to be confused with her half-sister Adele, daughter
of Agnes de Beaudement and wife of Raoul I, seigneur of Coucy.

Peter Stewart

This thread: