GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1028029289

Subject: Re: Notes & Queries
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 07:47:18 EDT

writes:

I should have said "I guess this is Series One", but I now see that No 187
does not cover the pages p. 222-5. This Web site has a run of the first 20
years of N&Q, but using the search facility for "Curson" there is nothing
referring to your page. There are a few hits around Vol 1 3rd series (12)
Mar 22 1862.

Adrian

> writes:
>
> I guess this is Vol one, in which case it should be on line at the Bodlian
> library:
>
> http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/ilej/
>
> Adrian
>
> > In the Victoria County History of Oxfordshire p. 298 mentions that Walter
>
> > Curson (d.1527) and wife Isabel, the daughter of Edward Saunders of
> > Harrington, Northants were buried in the church of the Austin Friars in
> > Oxford. The citation for Isabel says: "For her identity see N. & Q.
> > clxxxvii.
> > p. 222-5."
> >
> > I have been unable to locate the vol. of N.& Q. at either Stanford
> > University
> > or the University of California at Berkeley.
> >
> > I would be truly grateful to anyone who can locate the above pages of N&Q
>
> > for
> > me.
> >
> > Maggie von Kempf
> > Palo Alto, CA