GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1028049308

From: Nathaniel Taylor <>
Subject: Re: Pero Gomes Barroso's wife's ancestry
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:15:08 -0400

At 1:45 PM -0300 7/30/02, Francisco Antonio Doria wrote:

>On your doubt about the Conde D. Pedro text: yes, the
>wording is ambiguous, but it seems to indicate that
>Fernão Peres was the son of another woman.
>
>I'll look it up in Pizarro's recent (99) book on
>medieval lineages

Chico,

Thanks for your comment, which confirms my impression. I'm still not
sure how to weigh Conde D. Pedro against the interpretation by
Rodriguez Marquina on the wife of Pero Gomes Barroso, but neither
option, alas, can be understood to hold a descent from the Maia and
'Abunazar'. Sancha enthusiasts and other medieval Castilians will
have to look elsewhere to connect to that line.

Nat

This thread: