GEN-MEDIEVAL-L ArchivesArchiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1028059021
From: "Chris Phillips" <>
Subject: Re: Constantine de Mortimer
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 21:03:08 +0100
Hal Bradley wrote:
> Does anyone have the ancestry of Constantine de Mortimer as found in
> Cokayne's "Complete Peerage," v. IX? Thanks.
The article on Mortimer of Attleborough, on pp.243-250, gives:
(1) Robert de Mortimer probably temp. Henry I
(2) William de Mortimer, s and h, d before 1180
(3) Robert de Mortimer, s and h, d 1216 or 1217; m possibly Alice, da of
Warin de Muncheney by Agnes, da of Payn FitzJohn, living 1192
(4) William de Mortimer, s and h, living 1242
(5) Robert de Mortimer, s and h dead by 1265; m Isabel
(6) William de Mortimer, s and h, a minor at his father's death, d. 12 Nov
1297; m Alice, remarried to John de Thorp by 1302
(7) Constantine de Mortimer, s and h, aged 16-18 at his father's death, d
between April 1358 and 9 August 1359;
m 1st Sibyl, who d 9 Nov 1334 and 2nd, in or before 1342, Catherine.
(8) Constantine, s and h apparent, living 1324, d. sp 25 Dec 1355; m Agnes,
remarried to Thomas de Gissing by Feb 1358
The line continues through the 2nd son of (7), Robert. The line from (1) to
(6) was alleged to support a claim to the advowson of Stanford in 1276-8.