GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1028075470

Subject: Re: The text of the agreement between Edward II and Thomas de Multon in 1317
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:37:10 EDT

Tuesday, 30 July, 2002

Hello Paul, et al.,

* Google has finally begun to process my posts once
again; I am sending a cc: of my most recent
message to any who are also in a 'disembodied' state
in re: SGM... *

In your post this evening of portions of our dialogue on this issue, you
stated at the end of your message that

' Joan was above age twelve at her death,... '

I take it from your statements concerning both the 1317 agreement and the
1325 inquisition record for Joan de Gaveston, that you are convinced she was
the child recorded as being born in 1312? The 1325 inquisition recod does
not support this. Simply indicating the fact that other <inquisitiones ad
quod damnum> have been shown to have flaws does not prove such a flaw exists
in this case.

What other contemporaneous evidence is there to support this position?

Best regards,

John *

* John P. Ravilious

This thread: