GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1028133540

From: Francisco Antonio Doria <>
Subject: Re: abunazar to ayala to england
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:45:23 -0300 (ART)

Thanks, Nat. This line I posted yesterday seems to be
the most reliable one. I´ll later comment on the
difficulties of the Trastâmara line, besides the
doubts you´ve already noticed.

Best, txs again, chico

--- Nathaniel Taylor <>
escreveu: > Following Chico's request, here is the
line from
> Pero Gomes Barroso to
> Sancha de Ayala:
>
> [Generations 1-10 summarize Chico's post of last
> night to the listserver]
>
> 1. Abunazar Lovesendes (att. 978) = Unisco Godins.
> Following the
> theory propounded by Chico, he may be of Muslim
> (Ummayad?) ancestry.
>
> 2. [Fromarico] 'Cide' Abunazar = NN
>
> 3. Toderedo Fromariques 'Cid' or Trutesendo Abunazar
> (att. 1040 / 1070)
> = Faregia Forjaz, d. of Froia [Froila, Fruela]
> Osoredes (she att. 1069)
>
> 4. Ausenda [Adosinda] Todereis (att. 1092) = Nuno
> Soares 'Velho', of
> the Baião family.
>
> 5. Gontinha (att. 1108) = Paio Godins 'de Azevedo'
> (br. of Baião
> family).
>
> 6. Mendo Pais 'Roufino / Bofinho' (att. 1117, 1121)
> = Sancha Pais (d. of
> Paio Curvo or __ de Toronho).
>
> 7. Hermígio (Ermildo) Mendes 'de Azevedo' (att.
> 1121) = Elvira Viegas
> (dau. of an Egas Moniz?)
>
> 8. Pedro Hermiges de Azevedo (apparently =
> Velasquita Rodrigues, d. of
> Count Rodrigo Forjaz de Trastâmara, but not
> necessarily mother of:).
>
> 9. Fernão Pires de Azevedo = ??
>
> 10. Châmoa Fernandes de Azevedo = Pero Gomes
> Barroso, the troubadour,
> attested in the repartimiento of Seville (1248);
> held land in Toledo
> extant corpus of 12 poems in the Galician-Portuguese
> tradition.
>
> 11. Fernán Pérez Barroso (called lord of Parla in
> one source; said by
> Fernan Perez de Ayala, no. 13, to have 'received all
> the inheritance of
> Azevedo'); courtier of kings Sancho IV & Fernando
> IV) = Mencia García
> de Sotomayor, dau. of Garci Melendez de Sotomayor &
> Ines 'la gorda' (de
> Saavedra).
>
> 12. Sancha Fernández Barroso (sister of Cardinal
> Pero Gomes Barroso) =
> Pero López de Ayala II (d. soon after Feb 1331),
> adelantado mayor del
> reino de Murcia, lord of the city of Cartagena,
> retainer and household
> official of D. Juan Manuel (cousin of the king,
> intriguer and writer).
>
> 13. Fernán Peréz de Ayala (b. Toledo, 1305; became
> lord of Ayala, 1332;
> d. 15 October 1385 at Vitoria or Quejana; bd.
> Quejana), adelantado major
> del reino de Murcia, etc., merino mayor of Asturias;
> d. as Dominican
> friar at Vitoria; = Elvira Alvarez de Ceballos (d.
> 3 Aug 1372; bd. at
> Quejana), sister and heiress of Díaz Gutiérrez,
> master of the Order of
> Alcantara, who was killed by order of King Pedro I
> in 136. Children
> include:
>
> [14. Pero López de Ayala III (1332-1407), diplomat,
> grand chancellor of
> Castile, and one of the three leading Castilian
> [...]

Yahoo! Encontros
O lugar certo para encontrar a sua alma gêmea.
http://br.encontros.yahoo.com/

This thread: