GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1028136583

From: The Williams Family <>
Subject: Re: Eudokia Komnene
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:33:49 -0700

> ES 2:177 says that Eudokia, wife of Guilhem VIII of Montpellier,
> was daughter of Alexios, son of Anronikos, son of Emperor John II.
> I take it from Mr. Stewart's and Mr. Williams' recent posts that
> this is quite wrong.

After what Peter Stewart said regarding the birthdates of Eudokia and her alleged sister
I'm beginning to think that the ES and Sturdza may be right in this instance. It seems
to be stretching belief somewhat that Isaac Komnenos had his first child by his second
wife in 1145 and his second in 1167.

Sincerely,
Kelsey J. Williams

This thread: