GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-12 > 1038939219

From: "Gordon Banks" <>
Subject: RE: Murder most Foul
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:13:47 -0800

How do you think these ancestors attained their status in the aristocracy?
It wasn't because of their piety, wisdom, craftsmanship, or being kind to
animals. They often became in their turn, prey to like-minded others who
coveted their power. This should temper our pride in having them as our
ancestors. It is often the case that one of my ancestors was beheaded by
(at the order of) another of my ancestors. Unfortunately, we haven't
learned a lot from their bad behavior.