GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-12 > 1039031588

Subject: Re: Murder most Foul
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:53:08 EST

In a message dated 12/04/2002 12:18:14 PM Central Standard Time, Therav3
writes:

> Actually, Edward II doesn't die in 'Braveheart' - that was
> his beloved father, Edward I. Some say good acting also died
> in that movie, but that's for another day, on another
> newsgroup...

No, that wasn't the reference. The French bride of Eddy II told Eddy I on
his death bed that the child she carried was not of his line. I supposed she
and Wallace had an affair. Looked that way from some of the scenes, even
though the actual act wasn't shown. That would make me a descendant of
Wallace; but I don't place a lot of faith in what the movies have. I am a
descendant of Edward I, II and III, as well as John of Gaunt and Katy Roet.

Gordon Hale

This thread: