GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-12 > 1040247113

From: "AGeorgeSand" <>
Subject: Re: Question on validity
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:31:53 +0100

there are some interesting local history studies in NE Cheshire by Jill Groves of the Northern Writer's Advisory... including "Piggins, Husselments, & Desperate Debts", & "Civil War in Cheshire" both of which trace the manor owners & tenants, covering living styles, farming methods, house design, economy, etc. the humble are given preferential treatment, to the degree they are recorded; there are also some interesting works put out by the Tatton estates along those lines... Tenents traced include Tomlinson, Coppock, Goulden, Orrell, etc; Gentry covered include Brereton, Legh, Booth, Venables, Tatton, etc.
excerpts of them have been previously posted on this list & refs can be found in the archives; or you can contact jill about the contents, & ordering her books, at ; Highly informative read, & inexpensive.