GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-12 > 1040251757

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Lady Godiva Admired
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:49:17 -0000

Mr. Hale is indeed a vulgar, ignorant and dissolute man, Ms. Jones ---- we all
know that.

However, might I suggest you check out the law on this?

Dead people can't file libel and slander suits ---- particularly historical
figures.

Deus Vult

nothing." -- Attributed to Edmund Burke [1729-1797]

Sol Disinfectus Optimus Est. Peccatoris Justificatio Absque Paenitentia,
Legem Destruit Moralem.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in
your philosophy." ---- William Shakespeare [1564-1616] The Tragedy of Hamlet,
Prince of Denmark, Act I, Scene V, Line 166-167

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly. All original material
contained herein is copyright and property of the author. It may be quoted
only in discussions on this forum and with an attribution to the author,
unless permission is otherwise expressly given, in writing.
------------------

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Vires et Honor.

""malinda"" <> wrote in message

| Enough.
|
| You are being slanderous and irresponsible which I find highly offensive.
| I would like to politely request that you desist from making such
| accusations
| unless you can back them up with proof of misbehavior.
|
| Otherwise, kindly refrain from besmirching a great man who risked
| everything to provide you with the freedom of speech you are now so
| cavalierly abusing at his expense.
|
| Washington's broad shoulders can withstand your smut balls, but why
| should they have to ?
|
| I would respectfully suggest that you...and any other people who enjoy
| taking potshots at those who provided you with the democracy which
| is now so imperiled...refrain from legally actionable offenses toward the
| Founding Fathers in general and George Washingnton in particular.
|
| ~malinda jones
| Member National Association of Washington Family Descendants

This thread: