GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-01 > 1041843493

From: "Chris Phillips" <>
Subject: Re: Re-dating William Longespee's Birth
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 08:58:13 -0000

Paul Reed wrote:
> CHRONOLOGY OF IDA OF HAINAULT AND MARGARET DE BEAUMONT
> Ida of Hainault was married by the death of Henry I, as he provided her
> maritagium. It is clearly more logical that the children of Ida of
Hainault
> were born about 1130-50, but that is a guess.

I thought it was interesting that Ray Phair quoted Crouch as saying that
Ralph de Toeni and Margaret might have married in 1138, as part of a peace
agreement between their parents, though obviously this is speculative, and I
suppose it's quite possible they could just have been contracted to marry,
on this argument.

Chris Phillips

This thread: