GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-01 > 1042066927

From: "Stewart, Peter" <>
Subject: RE: Info on the Plantagenet Ancestry (was Re: Publisher of Plantagenet Ancestry Announced)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:02:07 +1100

Some publications since 1986 on the second comital dynasty that may interest
you are:

Jim Bradbury, 'Fulk le Réchin and the Origin of the Plantagenets', _Studies
in Medieval History Presented to R Allen Brown_, edited by Christopher
Harper-Bill & others (Woodbridge, 1989)

and

Chrisitan Settipani, 'Les comtes d'Anjou et leurs alliances aux Xe et XIe
siècles', _Family Trees and the Roots of Politics_, edited by Katherine
Keats-Rohan (Woodbridge, 1997).

And for the original comital family:

Bernard Bachrach, 'Some Observations on the Origins of the Angevin Dynasty',
_Medieval Prosopography_ 10 (1989).

You can easily get the last article through Subito, and the two books should
be readily available in Dutch university libraries.

Peter Stewart

This thread: