GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-07 > 1058117114

From: (Douglas Richardson)
Subject: Re: La Zouche and Lubbesthorpe, co. Leics. - A Constable Connection ?
Date: 13 Jul 2003 10:25:14 -0700

Dear John ~

The 1662-1664 Visitation of Nottinghamshire gives a pedigree of the
St. Andrew family on pages 19 and 20 (H.S.P., n.s. 5, 1986). Included
in the pedigree is the family of Roger la Zouche, to whom Milicent de
Cantelowe, widow of Eudes la Zouche, gave the manor of Lubbesthorpe,
co. Leicester. The visitation pedigree places Roger la Zouche of
Lubbesthorpe as the son of William la Zouche, which information agrees
with contemporary evidence of his indicated parentage. As per this
pedigree, Roger la Zouche of Lubbesthorpe was the uncle of William la
Zouche Mortimer, 2nd husband of the well known Eleanor de Clare.

Below is an abstract of the Zouche portion of the pedigree:

Galfridus Vicomes de Porhoet.
/
Alanus la Zouche quondam comes Britanniae. = Alicia soror et haeres
Ranulphi de Beaumeis.
/
/ /
Guiliemus la Zouch, ob. s.p. Rogerus la Zouche =
frater et haeres /
14. H. 3. /
/
/ /
Gulielmus la Zouche 1. Alanus la Zouche = Elena filia secunda
53 H. 3. filius et haeres, et una haeredum
= Johanna 33 Ed. 1 Rogeri de Quincy
/ Comitis Wintoniae
/ ob. 24 E. 1)
/
/ /
Rogerus la Zouche miles cui = Juliana Jocosa = Dns Robertus
Milicenta de Montealto (uxor / de Mortumari.
Eudonis la Zouche sororq et haeres /
Georgii de Cantilupo) dedit manerium /
de Lobesthorp in Com. Leic. Willielmus cognomento
/ Zouche =
/
/
Matildis = Rogerus la Zouche = Foelicia uxor 2a
uxor 1a / miles, 1 E. 3. / 1 E. 3.
/ /
/ ---------------------------------
/ /
/ / / /
Juliana Margareta Willielmus la Johanna
soror et cohaeres soror et Zouche miles, uxor
Will'i la Zouche, mil. cohaeres uxor filius et haeres, Marmaduci
=Johannes de S. Andrea Willielmi Bredon 22 E.3 et Constable.
miles, 3 E.3, 14 E.3. 37 E. 3.

E-mail:

This thread: