GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-07 > 1058901514

From: "Sutliff" <>
Subject: Re: Wogan family
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:18:34 -0700

It was very kind of you to post this. I was just making out some film orders
from the FHL on the Wogan family and was delighted at this unexpected gift.

Am just beginning to research the Wogan ancestry of Grace Wogan (1672-1740)
of Welsh Hook, Pembrokeshire, mother of Admiral Thomas Tucker (1696-1766) of
Sealyham, who is credited as slaying Blackbeard the Pirate.

Thanks again.

HS

"R. Battle" <> wrote in message
> In case anyone is interested, I have prepared a chronologically-arranged
> list of extracts from documents related to the Wogan family (mainly of
> Wales) from the late 13th through the late 15th century. They will
> probably be of the most interest to descendants of Griffith and Margaret
> (Fleming) Bowen of MA, the latter of whom was apparently a descendant of
> several of the Wogans mentioned.
>
> The link is as follows (watch for line wrap):

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/b/a/t/Robert-A-Battle/FILE/0012pa
ge.html

> -Robert Battle

This thread: