GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-09 > 1063476681

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Brownes Of Northants, Et. Al.
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:11:21 +0100

Marvellous!

That central gate reminds me of the Great Gate House at Hampton Court Palace
in London ---- and Phelps Gate at Yale.

Cheers & Aloha,

Spencer

Deus Vult.

"All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a
dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside
themselves, the wild outside.

We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still
lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream."

T. K. Whipple ---- "Study Out The Land"

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly. All original material
contained herein is copyright and property of the author. It may be quoted
only in discussions on this forum and with an attribution to the author,
unless permission is otherwise expressly given, in writing.

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Vires et Honor

<> wrote in message news:...

| In a message dated 13/09/03 18:20:57 GMT Daylight Time,
| writes:
|
| See
| http://www.nsadler.demon.co.uk/archaeology/cowdray/cowdray.htm
|
| and subsequent pages
|
| Adrian
|
| > Are any of the ruins of Cowdray still there and worth viewing?
| >
| > D. Spencer Hines
| >
| > Lux et Veritas et Libertas
| >
| > Vires et Honor

This thread: