GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-09 > 1064071865

From: (E. C. Lee)
Subject: Re: "I'm Being Deluged By Emails"
Date: 20 Sep 2003 08:31:05 -0700

"William Black" <> wrote in message news:<bkhaf0$38i$1@titan.btinternet.com>...
> "foobar" <> wrote in message
> >

> > > LISTEN UP IDIOTS!
> > >
> > > Don't use your actual email address in newsgroups ---- anyone who does
> is
> > > striking for fool status ---- lickety-split.
> > >

> > I use my own email address, and I haven't recieved any.
> >
> > But I don't care, since I use linux.
> >
> And I use a Hotmail address as a news front-end and they seem to be
> successfully filtering them all out, all without falsifying an address.
>
> I should add (if that's necessary) that Hines has other reasons for not
> sending a read e-mail address, he's lost so many from complaints about his
> behaviour that he daren't use a real one any more.

Well, I know I've had it! Yahoo seperates my mail into bulk so I have
no problem getting rid of the stuff, but if I leave my computer for a
few hours, the very tiny box that I have gets filled.

Soooooo, I'm opening another account that I shall keep private for my
friends. You know who you are! You can write me for it and if I'm
home your mail will actually get through. Whether or not I can get
through to YOUR box is another issue. You might also ask someone you
know who is a very good friend of mine and claims immunity from all
this nonsense as I did send my new address to this person. Or, you
can phone me and I'll give it to you.

Good luck to the rest of you!
Eve

This thread: