GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-09 > 1064109709

From: Paul J Gans <>
Subject: Re: "I'm Being Deluged By Emails"
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 02:01:49 +0000 (UTC)

In alt.history.british E. C. Lee <> wrote:
>"William Black" <> wrote in message news:<bkhaf0$38i$1@titan.btinternet.com>...
>> "foobar" <> wrote in message

>> is
>> > >

>> > I use my own email address, and I haven't recieved any.
>> >
>> > But I don't care, since I use linux.
>> >
>> And I use a Hotmail address as a news front-end and they seem to be
>> successfully filtering them all out, all without falsifying an address.
>>
>> I should add (if that's necessary) that Hines has other reasons for not
>> sending a read e-mail address, he's lost so many from complaints about his
>> behaviour that he daren't use a real one any more.

>Well, I know I've had it! Yahoo seperates my mail into bulk so I have
>no problem getting rid of the stuff, but if I leave my computer for a
>few hours, the very tiny box that I have gets filled.

>Soooooo, I'm opening another account that I shall keep private for my
>friends. You know who you are! You can write me for it and if I'm
>home your mail will actually get through. Whether or not I can get
>through to YOUR box is another issue. You might also ask someone you
>know who is a very good friend of mine and claims immunity from all
>this nonsense as I did send my new address to this person. Or, you
>can phone me and I'll give it to you.

>Good luck to the rest of you!
>Eve

The storm seems to have abated for now, but there will be
others.

I had a nastygram from one of my ISPs about my overfull
mailbox. I wrote back castigating them for being so slow
in stemming the flood.

I only had 542 virus messages in that account. Luckily
I don't use Windows for reading it.

---- Paul J. Gans

This thread: