Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-09 > 1064138612

From: John Cartmell <>
Subject: Re: "I'm Being Deluged By Emails"
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:03:32 +0100

In article <raabb.531315$>, Drew Nicholson
<> wrote:

> I've gotten about 400 of these over the past few days; I simply delete
> them. I do have the luxury of broadband internet access. If I had to go
> back to dialup permanently (or even more than a day or so) I think I'd
> shoot the computer.

I've been getting one a minute since Friday evening. At least I don't have
the virus worries and in the past I've just deleted them as they've
arrived. This time I've had to add software that deletes them at the ISP
in-box. Annoying and time-wasting.

> Keep your AV signatures up to date, patch your systems with the latest
> updates, and don't open attachments from people you don't know. That's
> the best you can do.

Of course if you must use M$ you can always be caught out on-line whilst
trying to download a patch - which is what happened to a friend recently
[now which way should that smiley go? ;-) ]

John +44 (0)8700-519-527
Acorn Publisher magazine & FD

This thread: