GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-09 > 1064153343

From: "Phil Moody" <>
Subject: Re: "I'm Being Deluged By Emails"
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:12:17 -0500

Paul, technically speaking - Windows does not read the e-mail! Outlook Express
is a component of Internet Explorer, and IE is an optional feature of Windows.
You can run any Browser, or E-mail program you want in Windows. However, I set
Netscape as my default browser, but when I went to the Windows Update site -
it opened with IE:-) I don't know if the OS can be updated without IE, but I
do know you can completely remove OE without effecting the OS, ergo - Windows
does not read the e-mail:-)

Since you use Linux, I thought you might appreciate the clarification:-)

Cheers,
Phil