GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-09 > 1064154973

From: "Phil Moody" <>
Subject: Re: "I'm Being Deluged By Emails"
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:39:22 -0500

David, people you Do know will explain what is in the attachment; so they are
perfectly safe to open, unless you are suspicious of their motives for sending
you an attachment. Most intelligent people can discern the difference between
an auto generated e-mail with an attachment; such as _I thought you might like
this._, and a real e-mail. But on the other hand, there are many people who
are to ignorant of Internet protocol and safety, and they usually end up
learning the hard way.

In fact, it is via the naive and ignorant that a virus is predominately
propagated through. Unfortunately, there is no examination required to gain
access to the electronic Super Highway known as the Internet, unlike all Motor
vehicle testing:-) Therefore, there are many people on the net who do not have
the skills to safely navigate the Internet, and their inexperience effects the
rest of the net.

Cheers,
Phil