Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-12 > 1071281826

From: "Terry Mair" <>
Subject: Re: RE; COATS OF ARMS
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:17:12 -0700

When I was checking into it some time ago it was explained to me as
Nobility, who knows what changes have taken place since that time in regards
to terminology, Noblesse is a new one on me. The impression I had been
given was that having legitimate arms granted by Lord Lyon made a person a
Noble but not a peer.
The Scots have done so much to make their Heraldry different from the rest
of GB it does get confusing.