GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-12 > 1071972944

From: "Leo van de Pas" <>
Subject: Fw: Christian Settipani's French Books
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:22:37 +1100

Dear Grant,
His French is a breath of fresh air-------for those who can read it. Many
people never learned French and many people have forgotten what they learned
40 and even 50 years ago.
Text is too precise to gloss over and say "I think I know what he means".

I still think, perhaps, Editions Christian may need a commitment to warrant
a translation.
A proper translator would leave Christian Settipani free to continue his
present work.

If Editions Christian request advance payment, I would gladly pay.

Best wishes
Leo van de Pas