GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-12 > 1072026436

Subject: Re: Settipani's french books
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:07:16 EST

In a message dated 12/21/2003 6:12:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
I think
> that more native English speakers are interested in the study of
genealogy,
> and medieval genealogy, than the native speakers of any other language.
<...>

I would be very interested to know how you know that.

Pierre
I didn't say I "knew" it Pierre, I said I "think". There is a different
meaning in the two words. I my thinking in that line on the large number of
native English speakers I note on the Internet sites I visit in connection with the
subject.

French is a beautiful language. Unfortunately it was of little use to me in
my working years while the little Spanish I have was of use, in an area with
many native Spanish speakers. I thus am better acquainted with Spanish than
with French. In Texas we have very, very few speakers of French, and of late
few admirers of the French and their nation. Regrettable.

In actuality the question is moot with me. I doubt that I could afford the
cost of a copy of Mr. Settipani's book even if it were in English. I am
greatly restricted as to the amount of money I can spend in the pursuit of this
genealogy hobby. Regrettable

Gordon Hale
Grand Prairie, Texas

This thread: