GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-12 > 1072181497

From: Francisco Antonio Doria <>
Subject: Re: Christian Settipani's French Books
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:11:37 -0300 (ART)

Please, Phil, no problem at all. I just wanted to
clarify why I sometimes post stuff in Portuguese. I'm
quite fluent in English - as I've said, we sometimes
talk to each other in English at home - and for me it
doesn't matter whether I write in Portuguese or
English. Of course, since I want to be understood by
most people, I'll mainly use English.

Also, when I privately correspond with Francophone
contributors to the list, I tend to write in French.

Thanks for your most kind comments. A final point: I
see no reason to be rude to anyone. Also, I'm quite
well tempered, almost zen-like, if I may say so. So,
unless there is some very strong reason not to, I tend
to be quite good humoured in my comments.

All the best to you,

chico

--- Phil Moody <> escreveu: > Dear
Chico:

> I felt I needed to clarify that I have no objections
> to any foreign language
> being used in this forum, due to my post being
> misconstrued. It is an
> uncontested fact that I have not once objected to a
> foreign language being
> used during the three years I have been in this
> forum, until Mr. Aronax's
> post. Now, whether his post was an insult to me is
> subjective to my thoughts
> concerning his intent; so I can appreciate that not
> everyone viewed it as
> such:-)
>
> Chico, you have been kind and courteous with me,
> both on and off-list, and I
> did not want you to believe that I am a bigot
> against any foreign language;
> which I am being falsely stigmatized as being. I am
> a passionate proponent of
> free speech in any language, as long as it is
> civil:-)
>
> Felicitates,
> Phil

Conheça a nova central de informações anti-spam do Yahoo! Mail:
http://www.yahoo.com.br/antispam

This thread: